Every Friday, come to pray and consecrate your life to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, meditate on his love with powerful readings, come to make reparation and console Him.
Our Lord told Saint Magaret Mary :
“Here is the Heart that so loved mankind, which spared no expense in pouring itself out for men, consuming itself in the witness of love. And in exchange for this gift, I receive only ingratitude from most souls, through the irreverence, the sacrilege, and the indifference shown me, in the disdain for Me in the Most Holy Sacrament of My love (the Eucharist). But what wounds me, even more, are the hearts of those who are consecrated to me, those who treat me in this way.
The goal of the community is to console the Heart of Jesus. Once a week, on Fridays, you will receive an email containing any one of the 7 following things :
- A prayer
- An Act of Reparation
- An act of Consecration
- A short extract from the writings of a saint
- An extract from an Encyclical
- A Litany
- A Novena, depending on the Liturgical season or upcoming Feasts of the Church.
The Sacred Heart of Jesus
The Sacred Heart of Jesus is a revelation of the love of God for humanity. This expression, rich in meaning, refers to the heart of Jesus Christ, the Divine Person who is the Son of God made man. The human heart of Jesus burns with the infinite love of God for all of humanity. Thus, His Heart is the epiphany of the love of God, in which the contours of the Cross are already present through the mystery of His Incarnation. Jesus manifests the love of the Father throughout His life on earth as a man.
By His Incarnation, the Son of God united Himself to all of humanity . He labored with the hands of a man. He thought with the intelligence of a man. He loved with the heart of a man. Born of the Virgin Mary, He truly became like one of us, resembling us in all things but sin (Council of Vatican ii, Gaudium et Spes no. 22)
Promises of our Lord to the persons devoted to his Sacred Heart
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will bless every home where the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honoured.
4. I will console them in all their difficulties.
5. I will be their refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
6. I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
7. Sinners shall find in my Heart a boundless ocean of mercy.
8. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
9. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
10. I will give priests the power of softening the hardest
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
12. I promise you that, in the excessive mercy of my Heart, my all-powerful love will grant to all who communicate on the first Friday of the month for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance ; they shall not die in my displeasure nor without their sacraments; my divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in their last moments.
The devotions attached to these promises are:
1. Receiving Communion frequently
2. First Fridays: going to Confession and receiving the Eucharist on the first Friday of each month for nine consecutive months. Many parishes will offer public First Friday devotions; if they do, you must perform First Fridays publicly. If it isn't so offered in your parish, you can do this privately, going to Confession, receiving the Eucharist, and offering your prayers for the intention of the Holy Father.
3. Holy Hour: Eucharistic Adoration for one hour on Thursdays. (“Could you not watch one hour with me?”) Holy Hour can be made alone or as part of a group with formal prayers.
4. Celebrating of the Feast of the Sacred Heart
More about this devotion HERE.
Prayer from the community
Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart (St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (1647-1690) )
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, to Thee I consecrate and offer up my person and my life, my actions, trials, and sufferings, that my entire being may henceforth only be employed in loving, honoring and glorifying Thee. This is my irrevocable will, to belong entirely to Thee, and to do all for Thy love, renouncing with my whole heart all that can displease Thee. I take Thee, O Sacred Heart, for the sole object of my love, the protection of my life, the pledge of my salvation, the remedy of my frailty and inconstancy, the reparation for all the defects of my life, and my secure refuge at the hour of my death. Be Thou, O Most Merciful Heart, my justification before God Thy Father, and screen me from His anger which I have so justly merited. I fear all from my own weakness and malice, but placing my entire confidence in Thee, O Heart of Love, I hope all from Thine infinite Goodness. Annihilate in me all that can displease or resist Thee. Imprint Thy pure love so deeply in my heart that I may never forget Thee or be separated from Thee. I beseech Thee, through Thine infinite Goodness, grant that my name be engraved upon Thy Heart, for in this I place all my happiness and all my glory, to live and to die as one of Thy devoted servants. Amen.
Pray now for this community by clicking on "Pray"