Holy Week Meditations with the Dominicans
This Holy Week, the Dominican friars invite you to meditate on the Seven Last Words of Jesus from the Cross.
I like, I invite my friends
The Seven Last Words from the Cross
This Holy Week, the Dominican student brothers at Blackfriars Oxford invite you to meditate on the Seven Last Words. In this ancient devotion, the Church ponders Jesus' last words as he hung from the Cross, finding in them a great source of spiritual nourishment and consolation.
From the Friday before Palm Sunday until Holy Saturday, we will upload a daily podcast meditation, to accompany you and help you prepare for the mystery of Easter.
0. Friday of the 5th week of Lent - Introduction.
1. Saturday of the 5th week of Lent - Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
2. Palm Sunday - Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.
3. Monday of Holy Week - Jesus said to his mother: "Woman, this is your son." Then he said to the disciple: "This is your mother".
4. Tuesday of Holy Week - My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
5. Wednesday of Holy Week - I thirst.
6. Maundy Thursday - It is finished.
7. Good Friday - Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.
8. Holy Saturday - With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.
Learn more about us here:
Official website of the Dominicans in the UK | english.op.org
Godzdogz, the blog of the Student Brothers at Blackfriars Oxford | godzdogz.op.org
Prayer from the retreat
Psalms 23: 1-6 - The Lord is my shepherd
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul. He leads me in right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff--they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Pray now for this retreat by clicking on "Pray"
Most commented posts
Other communities to join
Listen to Jesus' thirst with Mother Teresa
RediscoverSpend Holy Week with this community inspired by the spirituality of St. M. Teresa. Listen to our meditations and learn to repent and welcome the Good News at the school of this great saint.