Come Holy Spirit!
ActiveHow can I get to know and feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in my everyday life? How can I bring alive the GIFTS I have received from the Holy Spirit? How do I pray for a new Pentecost?
Here is the answer! JOIN us in prayer every Friday!
For you, who is the Holy Spirit? Who is this marvelous third person of the Trinity called the Holy Spirit? Is it possible for me to develop an intimate and privileged relationship with the Holy Spirit where I can receive gifts and charismas? YES all of this is possible JOIN US and give the Holy Spirit the chance to work miracles in your everyday life!
We often hear that the Holy Spirit is a big unknown in our faith. And it’s true. We know who Jesus is, we can imagine who the Father is – an old man with a long, white beard on a cloud and we know that He is Our Father. But, the Holy Spirit because He is Spirit and invisible, we have a hard time trying to represent Him. Is He a dove? A fire flame? Wind? Is He like the “the Force is with us” of Starwars? Is He some kind of New Age cosmic energy? What is He and most of all who is He?
Scripture says a few things about the Holy Spirit, and three of them are fundamental to know WHO He is.
All of our publications are based on three key elements:
1. The Holy Spirit is a PERSON.
2. The Holy Spirit is GOD
3. The Holy Spirit is PRESENT and ETERNAL, the ONLY person of the Trinity who is AT WORK in our daily lives!
1. The Holy Spirit is one PERSON meaning that you can have a personal and intimate relationship with Him as a best friend. This is the first thing that we would like you to know: wherever you may be and in whatever situation you might find yourself in, the Holy Spirit is always at your side, waiting for your friendship. He is dying for you to get to know Him because He is the author of all life and without Him you cannot live!
2. The Holy Spirit is GOD, in the same way that God is the Father and that God is the Son. We must get to know Him and “love with all our heart, all our Soul and all our will” (Matthew 22:37) just as Jesus asked us. He deserves our adoration. He is Lord, Creator and Savior of the world, author of wonders and miracles. This is the second thing that we want to tell you.
3. The Holy Spirit is PRESENT and ETERNAL, the only one in the Trinity who is at work today in our present lives! This is profoundly true because the Father has never left Heaven or His Son. The Son is no longer on earth because the Church is still waiting for His return. Only the Holy Spirit is in motion and at work in the world since the day of Pentecost and He will lead us through history’s completion when the Son of Man will return in glory on a cloud in the sky. If you believe that the Holy Spirit is far away, know that because of His spiritual nature, He is the one that is the closest to you in time and in space. Only the Holy Spirit can come down to Earth and be perpetually the Soul of your soul, the Spirit of your spirit, and the Heart of your heart. This is the last point that we would like to share with you. The Spirit like God is still at work today, and everything that you have read in the gospel about the works and the words of Jesus is happening again today: “the blind receive sight, the lame walk, those with leprosy are healed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor receive the good news” Matthew 11:5
If you would like to join us in this adventure, go directly to the section “publications” but if you have a few more questions continue reading.
Many are afraid to get to know the Holy Spirit or to talk about Him because they are afraid to overshadow Jesus! The Holy Spirit is not by himself; He is the Spirit of Christ Jesus. Everything you love in Christ is concentrated in the Holy Spirit. If you want to walk in Jesus’ footsteps, if you want to be like Jesus, the Holy Spirit is the one who can help you become the image and perfect resemblance of Jesus. If you are touched by the figure of the Father, and you prefer to be in relation with the paternity of God the Father, know that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit that will help you become the Son or the Daughter of God: He is the Spirit of kinship. God the Father entrusts to the Holy Spirit all those that He wants to adopt as His children. If you particularly have a devotion to Mary or other saints, know that he is the Spirit of Holiness and that he is the author of all holiness. All the merits and glory of any saint, including Mary, comes from the Spirit of God.
In a few words, here is what we would like to share with you in each publication:
A theological definition to help clarify the different aspects of the Holy Spirit.
Practical advice to help you develop a life in the Spirit and the charismas that go with it.
An example of how the Holy Spirit is working in our lives today in all Christian denominations through a small film.
A prayer to help you experience the Holy Spirit in your own life.
The Holy Spirit House, located in the diocese of Fréjus-Tulon, France, supports this prayer community. If you would like more information concerning this fraternity, find us on our website: https://www.holyspirithouse.org/en/about
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And let us not enter into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen
Pray now for this community by clicking on "Pray"