2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted
🙏 Questions for reflection
- What are the crosses I bear in my own life?
- What comfort and consolation do I seek for these?
📚 Further reading
- Tears at Night, Joy at Dawn - Journal of a Dying Seminarian. A moving account of a young seminarian facing death and suffering before he is even ordained a priest.
- Homilies on the First Letter of St John (St Augustine) The fourth homily, available online here, has a beautiful reflection on how God expands our hearts so that it is capable of loving more.
🗎 The text of this meditation is available here.
To receive our weekly meditations on the Beatitudes: https://hozana.org/en/community/9217-the-beatitudes-a-vision-of-gospel-joy
Meet the Dominican student brothers: https://www.godzdogz.op.org/meet-the-student-brothers.htm
Our Blog : https://www.godzdogz.op.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates:
🎨 Image: The Raising of Lazarus, Ribera (Museo del Prado)
Take a moment to treasure up all these things and ponder them in your heart (cf Luke 2,19)
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer everyone. Col 4:6