A Novena to ask St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus to shower the world with her graces in this hour of need, in this jubilee year of her birth when she will not fail to respond to our cries.
Join this Novena in honour of the 150th anniversary of the birth of St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face.
This novena is also available in Audio.
St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face's 'Little Way' of confidence and love:
“God would never inspire me with desires which cannot be realized; so in spite of my littleness, I can hope to be a saint.”
Saint Therese of the Child Jesus & the Holy Face promises us:
"You will only have to tell me your intentions in a whisper, and I shall hear you and I shall carry them faithfully to the Lord, to our Immaculate Mother, to the Angels, and to the Saints whom you love".
”I am thinking of all the good that I would like to do after my death: to have little children baptised, to help priests, missionaries, the whole Church...”.
Let God tend to our inner spiritual garden!
St. Thérèse will shower you with a multitude of fragrant spiritual roses to help you on your own “Little Way” to Heaven, with God's help and love.
Every day for 9 days receive:
- An opening antiphon
- A hymn
- A biblical reading
- Passages from the writings of St. Thérèse's mother St. Zélie and herself
- A short responsory
- The concluding prayer
- Day 1. “When Israel was a child, I loved him"
The Martin family's domestic Church
- Day 2. "Whoever believes in me, rivers of living water will flow from within them'.
The sacraments, a source of grace.
- Day 3. “I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God"
The transforming grace of Christmas
- Day 4. "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening"
Thérèse receives the charism of Carmel
- Day 5. “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love"
Formed as a Discalced Carmelite
- Day 6. "I will betroth you to me forever"
Discovering a new path
- Day 7. “Anyone who loves me... My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them”
Thérèse' 'Offering to Merciful Love'
- Day 8. He took up our pain and by his wounds we are healed”
Participant in the mission of Jesus Christ and of the Holy Spirit
- Day 9. "You will be my witness to the ends of the earth”
Thérèse participates in Jesus' resurrection
Written and compiled
by María Pilar Vila, Doctor in Theology, lay Teresian Carmelite, Barcelona 2018.
Translated by Chantal Roxane Haigh, OCDS
In depth studies, articles relating to Carmel may be found on María Pilar Vila's website, which has an automatic translator for items not already in English:
The Discalced Carmelite Secular Order (OCDS)
Curious to know what it means to be a secular member of the Discalced Carmelite Secular Order of Great Britain? Then please click on the following link: