3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth
🙏 Questions for reflection
- In which ways is God's will present in my life? How does it shape my thoughts, my actions...?
- How does God see me? What kind of person is he calling me to be? What are the 'masks' concealing who I really am?
- What are the moments in my life when I most need God's grace? What are the weaknesses where his strength can be manifested?
📚 Further reading
- Thomas Merton, Seeds of Contemplation. A favourite theme of this 20th-century Cistercian monk is how the spiritual life leads us to become our true selves, written in a simple yet honest and moving style.
- St Augustine, The Confessions. This spiritual classic illustrates like no other the way in which God has prepared a unique path for each of us to the final encounter with Him.
🗎 The text of this meditation is available here.
To receive our weekly meditations on the Beatitudes: https://hozana.org/en/community/9217-the-beatitudes-a-vision-of-gospel-joy
Meet the Dominican student brothers: https://www.godzdogz.op.org/meet-the-student-brothers.htm
Our Blog : https://www.godzdogz.op.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates:
🎨 Image: The Angelus, by Jean-François Millet (Musée d'Orsay)
Take a moment to treasure up all these things and ponder them in your heart (cf Luke 2,19)
5. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy
Post #3First released on July 31, 2020
2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted
Post #2First released on July 31, 2020
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
Post #1First released on July 24, 2020
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer everyone. Col 4:6