1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
🙏 Questions for reflection
- What obstacles prevent me from drawing closer to God? What do I still need to let go of?
- In which ways have I been 'blessed' by God in my life?
- What does it mean for me to follow Christ? How does my life reflect his teaching in the Gospel?
📚 Further reading
- Jean Pierre de Caussade, S.J. , Abandonment to Divine Providence. A spiritual classic on practising reliance on God and spiritual poverty in our everyday lives.
- Bl Charles de Foucauld, Writings (Modern Spiritual Masters Series). A gripping testimony by a man that left everything behind and gave himself over entirely to God.
- St Thérèse of Lisieux, Story of a Soul. St Thérèse's Little Way of humility and love shows us an easy path to learn to be poor and to receive everything from God.
- Malcolm Muggeridge, Something Beautiful for God. A book about St Teresa of Calcutta and the Missionaries of Charity, by a man who was deeply impressed by his encounter with the saint.
🗎 The text of this meditation is available here.
To receive our weekly meditations on the Beatitudes: https://hozana.org/en/community/9217-the-beatitudes-a-vision-of-gospel-joy
Meet the Dominican student brothers: https://www.godzdogz.op.org/meet-the-student-brothers.htm
Our Blog : https://www.godzdogz.op.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates:
🎨 Image: Cosimo Roselli, The Sermon on the Mount (1481-2, Sistine Chapel)
Take a moment to treasure up all these things and ponder them in your heart (cf Luke 2,19)
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer everyone. Col 4:6